Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Update on Life...Glad to be back

Well, after a long hiatus I'm finally back online. We have been having some issues with our internet connection, so after several phone calls AT&T finally got the issue handled. I just wanted to stop in and give you an update on things around the Prosthetic Medic household.

First things first, I'm very excited to say that the schedule for 2014's Stanford Medicine X conference is out, and I will be speaking Saturday Sept 6th. I'm still working out the speech and trying to decide between the two topics I've been writing on. I've got a few more days before my initial outline has to be turned in, so I've got to make a decision soon.

Next up, Kate has taken a job with Bullitt County EMS and couldn't be happier. She loves working in a 911 system and I'm very excited for her to finally find a service that feels like home to her.

Lastly, I have taken a job with Amazon in Sheperdsville, Kentucky. I am so excited to move to my next step in this crazy experiment of life. I will be working there as an Onsite Medical Representative. Basically, I'll be providing basic medical care and helping to manage their  cases. I'm very excited to be joining the Amazon team and try my hand at Industrial Medicine. It will be quite the change from working on the ambulance, but after proving that I can still do that job, I think working in this setting will be better for me physically. I will probably try to find a part time job on a truck somewhere, just to keep my skills up, but I'm ready for the change.

I'll be back in a night or two to write about something with some more substance, so for now, that's all thats going on in our little corner of the internet.

Later,

PM

No comments:

Post a Comment