Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

So sore...but it's worth it

I am so sore. I fell at physical therapy on Thursday and feel like I've been in a car wreck. I've upped my physicality at PT, started practicing how to lunge down to a patient's side, how to get up quickly and move on, and of course walking on the treadmill with my physical therapist while he changes the speed so I have to adapt my gait quickly. I'm hoping to lose the cane within the next 2 weeks to a month and start working on endurance and uneven surfaces. I have a goal. I have a plan. I am going to return to work in August, where I'll be working is yet to be seen. I have heard exactly nothing from Metro Government other than a letter each month when it's time to pay my insurance fees. At least I get to keep my health insurance for another month, I'm trying to just face each day one at a time and make the best of it. Tomorrow my goal is to work on lifting a stretcher into the ambulance over at Kate's agency. I've been welcomed to come over there and work anytime I'm ready. Tomorrow, I just want to get the feel for how the leg will react to this, to see how I have to adjust my body mechanics to work on loading and unloading patients to get ready for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment