Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Upping the Ante

Ok....another day and still no word from anyone at Metro Government. So...once again. Mayor Greg Fischer's social network information is @LouisvilleMayor on Twitter and Mayor Greg Fischer on Facebook.  I know posts are being deleted, but I'm hopeful that a few get through to Mayor Fischer's eyes. If all else fails I'll move on to email. Louisville was just voted one of the "Most Compassionate Cities in the US," I just want some of that compassion extended to me, not that I've earned it, but I'm working my tail off to come back and just would like that chance. If all else fails I'll post his email address.

I will be featured in the local newspaper on Sunday April 15th, they are doing a story about my fight to return to work as a paramedic and where I am now. As always, I have remained positive about my employer, since I honestly love working at Louisville Metro EMS and consider it my home. I have spent the last 6 years serving the city of Louisville's residents. I have touched countless lives with my care and wish to continue to do so. Tomorrow will be a new experience for me. While I have my normal physical therapy, tomorrow I'll be doing it with a photographer. For those of you reading from outside the Louisville/Kentucky area the reporter told me that it will be featured online as well. I'll let you know when the story is up. This is the big news I was referring to recently. I may also be doing another Wave 3 interview to show there where I am now and bring more attention to my goal. I'm going to start swimming soon and have started the work towards getting my balance and strength down. Sunday I'm going to try out working on getting the stretcher in and out of the ambulance, I have to figure out how to do the tasks I did before with the prosthetic on.

On an unrelated note...Please keep 2 of my coworkers in your prayers. They were involved in an accident while running code 3. Both were transported to the University of Louisville ER and are expected to be OK.

1 comment:

  1. Don't do the prayers thing, but good thoughts going their way.

    ReplyDelete