Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Good Day

It's been a good day. We were able to get out and enjoy this nice weather with Kate's son a little bit, I cannot wait until I have my leg and can really get out and play with both our boys. Monday will be a great day. I get to start the fitting process starting Monday. I already know that they are going with a socket that will be vacuum sealed to my leg. It will have a pump that suctions air out of the socket with every step. According to my prosthesist this will allow for a better fit and reduce residual swelling of my stump through out the day. I am feeling much more optimistic about my future. I still don't know if I'll be able to return to work, but as I have said before now, finally, this is an aspect that I can control. It is up to me to push myself and put in the work necessary for this to come to fruition. I'm not kidding myself, I know that this is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done. I don't expect to hop in there and come running out on day one, but I do expect to celebrate the little wins and learn from the failures...I've tried to do that my whole life. Although, as anyone who has worked with me before knows, I am my biggest critic, I find issue in everything I do, so I'm going to have to learn to go a bit easier on myself I guess.

For now, I'm going to get off of here and watch Indiana Jones with Kate...everyone be safe out there in internet land, and those working tomorrow be safe with the impending snow coming to the Kentucky area.

1 comment:

  1. And the spicy duck from Vietnam Kitchen...that made it a great day.

    ReplyDelete