Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spring

It's a beautiful day here today in the Bluegrass State. Warm, sunny, with just enough of a breeze to make it just comfortable enough to sit on the front porch and write. The promise of spring in the air. The promise of a new beginning. The thing about it is that promise is really only guaranteed to the products of spring, flowers, trees, grass, etc...those promises aren't made to us frail humans. We are only promised the minute we are living now. I learned that back in May. I had plans made, I was preparing to go back to work after a well deserved vacation. Those plans are were not to be. Not that this is a bad thing. Reevaluation is always good, it allows you to look at what you have and what you really need. The promise of a new day. A new you. The new me is now a man who is shy one leg, but who has the heart and drive to make it work for me, not be a hindrance to me. I have learned the value of friends, family, and determination. I love this time of year. I love that promise of a new day. I am hoping that this week Otto Bock gets my leg delivered and I can start walking toward my new future.


No comments:

Post a Comment