Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Courier Journal Article and Foot Update

Link to the Courier Journal Story

Above is the link to the Courier Journal's story about me. I have to admit, I'm shocked at how well it came out, so thank you to Matt Frassica and the Courier Journal for the exposure. This should go a long way towards showing Metro Government how badly I want this and how hard I am working for this. This has also shown me that I have a great support system at LMEMS. Sadly, most of the advice I am getting from them is that despite wanting me to return to work with them, LMEMS doesn't deserve me. I have mixed feelings about that statement, I loved my coworkers there, I tried to stay off of command's radar as best I could, but I wouldn't trade those people for anything. That being said, I view the potential and from the statements from my own command staff, eventual firing to be a severing of ties. I can't go back there, if I did, I would be going back wearing a target. I'm going to be targeted even if they keep me. I'm ready for that fight, I'm ready to prove that I'm missing a leg, I'm not handicapped. If need be, then I'll prove that at another service, at another time. Most important to me is safety. The safety of my partner and those around me. I won't go back until I'm confident that I can go back on the truck without putting anyone at risk. As it has been said, an injured/dead medic is no medic. I'd be doing a disservice to everyone if I went back on the truck because I was rushed and then wasn't able to do the job because I wasn't ready.

Update on the foot...I took my prosthetic to the office today. Matt is going to call Otto Bock in the AM and hopefully have me back up and walking by Tuesday morning. 

Oh well, Thank you to everyone who continues to support me, and to all the new readers...Hello and I hope you enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment