Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Walked Today...

 Today I walked about 30 yards without a cane. As before, it's not pretty, I'm still off balance walking without the cane, but as I strengthen my hip muscles and continue to practice I'll get there. I'm working now on endurance, balance, strength, and weight loss. I was able to spend 15 minutes on the treadmill at the last physical therapy appointment, 5 as a warm up at a slow speed, 5 doing interval training, then 5 with a 5% incline. Needless to say, it kicked my butt. I feel like I'm making progress by leaps and bounds from where I was a few months ago. I'm curious to see how the article in the paper goes, well more to the point, I'm curious how it will be received by the powers that be. If this doesn't get their attention then nothing will. I'm just tired of the worry. I've decided to stop worrying about it, I'm leaving it up to them. If they want me, then my position will be there, if not, then I'll find another service who needs a very determined paramedic.

Pushing towards that August goal of being back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment