Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Preparation

Sorry for the break in transmission over the past few days. I've had to take some time off of here to clear my head and prepare for the fight ahead in the coming months. I'm so excited to get this opportunity, to have the chance to return to LMEMS and prove that I am capable of doing this job at the service I love. Now I have to get prepared for the job ahead. I'm going to start a "work hardening" program in the coming weeks, which will not only help me learn how to do my job with the prosthetic, my therapist is an above knee amputee as well, so he can show me how he would do it and let me decide if that will work for me. It gives me a lot of hope to see other AK's out and moving with ease. I hope with my new socket I'll be able to do that as well. Speaking of the new socket, I'll be going on Monday to start the process, was supposed to go yesterday but I had so much going on that I just couldn't make it.

I've got to start sleeping...I've had insomnia over the past few weeks and now my days and nights are blurring, this makes getting things done and exercising very difficult. I'm up on my leg for at least 5-8 hours a day now, so that has increased significantly, but I'm a long way off from the 16 hours plus I'll need for my work schedule. I have a ton of conditioning and strength building to do before August gets here. I'm learning how to use my leg and all of it's amazing functions, I can go up and down stairs, walk in any direction, I'm learning to lift, kneel, get up from a prone position. I'm getting there, its just a slower process than I would like. I know I've not had my prosthetic that long but I have to constantly push myself. I want to be ahead of the curve. I want to be better everyday than I was the one prior. Until tomorrow...thank you all for your support and for reading this crazy journey I've been on.

No comments:

Post a Comment