Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Insomnia

Can't sleep tonight. Have thousands of things running through my mind. I've got so much on my plate right now. I'm rapidly approaching one year since I fell. That's 366 days (gotta count leap day) of highs and lows, a year of triumph and Hell. That means that my family and friends have had to deal with this for a year as well. Pressure like this can really put a strain on any relationship, but I have to say that despite a few bumps in the road Kate has been a warrior. Everyday she gets up and pushes on, somedays it's her going in to work when she is mentally and physically exaughsted, sometimes it's her keeping me going. I am amazed at the resolve she has shown. For the past year she has had to be the anchor of this family, a role she was forced into, but she has taken it on with fearless abandon and I couldn't be prouder of her. She amazes me everyday. She always knows when I need a push and when I need to just be told "it's ok, we'll get there." I just want to thank her, but there's no way I can ever repay all she has done for me in this past year. She has literally picked me up off the floor countless times both physically and emotionally. All I can do I say, Kate I love you, I couldn't have done this without you.

That can be said of my mom, Kate's mom, and my brother and sister in law as well. They have all been amazing during this time. I know that dealing with me can be frustrating, as my mom says "You're very direct and you have a tone sometimes that just gets people mad even when you're not trying to do that." I'm sorry for the frustrations. I'm trying my best to get back to being me again. Honestly, somedays I wake up and I don't have the mental strength to get out of bed, but I do. I know that I have you there, waiting and wishing for me to get better. This Thursday will be 3 months since the amputation, 3 months since I've started on this path of rehabilitation. I've come a long way in those 3 months, but I have a very long road ahead of me still. Thank you all for your support and not only "dealing" with me when I get frustrating, but loving me no matter what I'm going through at the time.

To all my friends and supporters both here and abroad. Thank you as well. I'm going to continue to write and work on achieving my goals, and you all give me the drive to do so. Just thought I'd take my inability to sleep tonight to reflect and thank you for all the messages and visits over the past year. Can't wait till I can write on here about my first day back to work. First, I have to get walking on my own. I promise that will be soon.

Joe

1 comment: