Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Walking Blues...

Today was a great and somewhat disheartening day. It's an odd mixture of emotion to feel. On one hand or foot rather, I was able to walk for the first time since January 26th. It felt great to take a few steps, yes it was on a mechanical knee not my microprocessor knee, I had on 2 different shoes, and it was an amazing feeling. Today, I walked probably 12-18 feet and for the first time since I fell I was not in pain. The rough part is that we have no real idea when I am going to get my leg. I get the feeling that my prosthetic company is getting as frustrated as I am. I feel like we are getting sent on a wild goose chase. They are being told that there is a prosthetic either on the way or somewhere in the US. Who knows really...I just want me knee. My socket will be ready this week and I really want a Genium attached to the other end of it. It's really getting me flustered. I just want a clear answer. Your knee will be here on this day and we will have you walking. I know Matt and Sienna will have me up and walking as soon as possible, even  if it is on another computerized knee. I just want to get this on, especially now that I have had a taste of being mobile again.

So, here we go. let's just hope Otto Bock gets me my knee so we can get this show on the road.

2 comments:

  1. I got chills watching the video of you walking again! I can't imagine how you felt! I am so very proud of you Joe and am so glad that you are my brother (even if it is by marriage). One day at a time you WILL make progress...remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep your faith in GOD and all will work out for you. Love and prayers sent your way always!

    ReplyDelete