Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Great Weekend

Well it's been a great weekend so far. Bryson loves the prosthetic. He's fascinated with the piston in the back of it. He's been very open to it and very happy to see me back up on 2 legs, even if it's with a cane right now. Also, Kentucky is playing for the national championship so that makes for a great weekend.

I have to say both boys have been wonderful. They are great helpers, they are ready to help me get off of my cane and get to the zoo or aquarium. I'm hoping in another month or so I can make that a reality for them. Right now I can only walk constantly for about 20-30 minutes before it starts to hurt and get uncomfortable. It's getting to be time to have some changes made to the socket again, the leg is shrinking down and I'm going to start losing suction again. Same steps as last time I suppose, they'll add the diaphragm to help keep suction, then once I've got to the point where that doesn't hold anymore I'll get another new socket made. Hopefully it'll last longer, the hope is that I can go a month or 2 on this one, then 3 or 4 on the next and so on. I feel like I'm making progress, it's just a very steep uphill climb, and one that is slower than I'd like to go. I just want to start exercising and getting this weight off of me. Sure, I can do a few exercises as home without the leg on, but I'm ready to go for long walks and get to where the leg feels like an extension of myself. Currently, it still feels like I'm a toddler learning the ropes again. Oh well. Till next time. GO CATS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment