Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I need a Vacation

I'm contemplating a vacation for Kate and I. I know that times are rough around the old "palatial prosthetic promenade" but we need this. Obviously we have the monetary issue and I know the second that we do there will be those who say that we are spending money we don't have, albeit somewhat true. In the past year, Kate and I have been through Hell and back, and I just want a few days outside of the flames. Kate and I have never been away together, the only time we have spent outside of home together is spending nights in the hospital room. I'm learning to walk now, I've been able walk a few hundred yards using nothing but a cane. I am moving forward. The treadmill has and will continue to help me fine tune my skills, I've already started to notice when the socket is not feeling correct, the adjustments that need to be made to the resistance that the knee so I can find that fine balance between falling and walking. After all, walking is nothing more than controlled falling. A constant fight against the cosmos. That devil that is centrifugal force.

So, now, onto vacation prospects. Yes, I need cheap and only for a few days. Just 2 days where Kate and I can get outside of Louisville, away from these every day stressors of doctor's visits, childcare, work, house cleaning, just everything that has piled up over the last year. I thank God for all the blessings we have. I got the leg I so desperately needed, I have the right prosthesist team, the right physical therapist, what I don't have is the time to get back on Louisville Metro's schedule. My year is coming up quickly and it would not be safe for me or my partner to attempt to get back on an ambulance in this shape. So, I want the chance to go out with the woman I love and just celebrate being us, not being "the prosthetic medic" or Kate being "Joe's fiancee" just being the collective "Us." I'm so ready...now if I can just find a coupon for a free weekend somewhere within 120 miles of here.


As an addendum...I decided to take down the post concerning my past and my abuses. While, I am not ashamed or wanting to hide my history of abuse, I felt that given the nature of this blog I would remove it for the time being. This is my history, it's a part of who I am, and I don't want to put that on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment