Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Knee adjustments

More adjustments to the knee tomorrow. Time to take away the safety net. We are going to lessen the amount of resistance the leg takes to bend the joint. This means it will be easier and smoother to walk, but at the same time it's going to be easier for me to buckle the knee. I'll be using it on the treadmill to start so I can get a better feel for the knee and let it become more of a part of who I am. I'm really thinking of letting the boys name the leg, make it part of the family. I mean it's really going to be a part of my life forever. I'm nervous about giving up control but tired of the extra effort it takes to walk. Hopefully this will make it less tiresome. Today I spent a few more hours using the cane to walk around and it's starting to hurt less and that's promising. I don't know when I'm going to feel like me again but I'm finally getting there. I'm ready to move on. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes...at least I've lost the fear of falling and now I'm ready to push myself harder than before. Gotta get this leg into shape

1 comment:

  1. Great progress, Joe. At some point you'll be wondering where you left that cane...And you'll find yourself move to do something without having to think about walking. I used the Canadian crutches 3 weeks & cane for around five, I think. First time I got on the treadmill I fell off. :-) Resilience rules!

    ReplyDelete