Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Near Death Experience

I forgot to mention yesterday. Friday, Kentucky Prosthetics called me and let me know my knee has arrived at the office. Monday I should be going in to get fitted for my new leg. I am so excited, I doubt I'll sleep tonight. Tomorrow, the fate of my future is finally back in my hand. My progress is up to me. I can succeed or fail depending on the work I am willing to put into this. I'm looking forward to getting out and exercising, I've put back on some of the weight I had lost with the initial injury, I'm looking forward to losing this weight and getting back into shape. I gotta get all ampusexy for Kate...It's hard to be a 2 constantly fighting to keep everyone from hitting on my 10. I'm really looking at this as a chance at a new beginning at life. I have learned to not get upset over trivial things, to not take this life for granted. I can honestly say, there is no reason that I should have survived that fall. I shouldn't be here typing this blog right now, by the laws of physics and modern medicine I should be dead. I can literally say that I have been an inch from death. When I landed at the bottom, my ear was folded over by a branch of drift wood that I had landed on. Think about that, one inch to the right and I would have impaled my head on that branch and that would've been my legacy. I would be remembered as "that guy who fell off the water fall and died." Sure, Kate and our sons would remember me for who I am, as father and husband (I'm pretty much her husband, we're just lacking that legal document). My co-workers would remember me as a medic, not sure if good or bad, I've had a few say I'm a great medic, and I think I'm good at it. I was inches from death, but for some reason God chose to let me stay. I am thankful.

That being said, 24 more hours to donate to Louisville Metro EMS EMT Ben White. Ben is a wonderful man and father. His legacy. He's a great tech who has a young child and beautiful wife. Think about it, while you are warm and dry sitting in your home, Ben is thinking about how to rebuild his shattered life. Please give what you can to help this brother in need. We are all family, you have proven this to me time and time again. Everything helps so let's do what we can to help Ben and his family get back up and running.

I'll be posting video tomorrow of my first steps on my new leg...I can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. Joseph, never forget your Mother and your Brother are your biggest supporters, we will always be there for you and that being said Kate is lucky to have you and you are the 10..never a 2 in my book, but it could be a mom thing..lol I am so proud of you!! can't wait to hear from you tomorrow, you will do great, I just know it, it is in you!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping and praying that all goes well for you with your prosthetic leg. I know you're an awesome person who will do awesome things with that new leg. You'll be unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Brittany Thompson, I'm not sure you remember me, but I work at Outback, and I had the conversation with you about my knee surgery. As a person who barely knows you i just wanted to say I'm proud of you for still pursuing what you love to do, it takes a great person to do that. You have an amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to losing this weight and getting back into shape. I gotta get all ampusexy for Kate...

    Joe, something guys like us realize after a while is that the old adage is true: Chicks Dig Scars. So don't be afraid to embrace it. Girls have always been intrigued when I've worn my pegleg (bka) and I've never hesitated to take advantage of that facination.

    So follow our motto: TWISTED STEEL & SEX APPEAL!

    Regards, Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'll be posting video tomorrow of my first steps on my new leg...I can't wait."

    Wow! That's a big congrats to you, eh. Hoping for you to get well and be better and better each day. :)

    Take care,
    Peny@lab coat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey it is good to see there are others out there that can overcome lifes chalenges i'm a doubble amputee and work as a firefighter medic too. my email is jaystumpy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete