Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Techno-Frustrations

I have to admit. I am very happy and excited to have my prosthetic. Don't get me wrong, I am blessed to have this technology on my side. I am a little frustrated. I wanted to put this thing on and take off without any limitations. For now, I am still tethered to crutches. Whenever I take a step I am hitting the bottom of the socket and needless to say, that hurts. My physical therapist said that the stump has shrunk down enough that I'm impacting the bottom and now I'll have to go in and get a liner so that doesn't happen. So those are my current frustrations. I know this is only a temporary set back, I know that in the grand scheme of things this is only a speed bump, but sometimes speed bumps can look like mountains until you get over them. The physical therapist has assured me that my no means should I be walking without assistance yet, nobody does that apparently. I want to be the exception to the rule. I am an impatient person. It's a flaw I guess. So here we go. Tomorrow I'm hoping that I'll get this liner and the pain will go away. I'm ready to get up and walking. I'm ready to take my boys to the zoo. Let them know that they finally have me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment