Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

You say you want a revolution!

http://on.ted.com/Summit

After watching this video I'm working on a design of my own to make this leg not only functional to me and my life but a piece of art. That way when people are staring at my leg they can admire the art instead of the disability. I agree that the form should match the form of my sound leg in order to give me that sense of completeness that is missing. It's a sensation that I am not verbose enough to describe. I have only had this new appendage for a few weeks, yet already I hate dinning this alien object and trying to pass it off ad a part of me. Let's face it, despite the amazing technology and years of development that have went into designing this marvel of modern bionics, it is exactly the same as any other persons that has one. I want to stand out. I'm placed in a situation where I am going to be different for life so why not accentuate that. I don't have a degree in design or biomechanics but I am going to find a way to make this work and effectively design tattoos for my prosthetic that mimic the shape of my sound leg. I want it to look like a normal leg with pants on, but a cyborg modern art masterpiece when I have shorts on. I want people not to stare in shock but in admiration. Taking a difference that I have to live with and giving it my personality. I don't know how I'm going to accomplish this, but that's never stopped me before. It starts with a design. Here we go. I'm going to make this my own...it might take years to figure out but I will find a way...but if any of my readers have any ideas on how to accomplish this please let me know. I am very interested in changing function into art. Who knows maybe I can help start a revolution. I've been inspired to change the world and Gandhi wants us to be the change we wish to see in the world. Help me change the world!!!

1 comment:

  1. I suggest you start with the local art schools, frequently they are tasked with creating corporate art, and they also typically have therapuetic art majors whose whole degree is based on helping people through art.

    ReplyDelete